Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Visit to the Czech Museum in Temple, TX

OLD PATTERN

CROCHETED LACE

LACE NIGHTGOWN FROM 1890


KITCHEN PANTRY



DOCTOR'S OFFICE

PART OF AN EMBROIDERED OUTFIT

LACE SLEEVE

MIRROR AT ENTRANCE OF MUSEUM

LACE FROM EARLY 1900s

I went with a group of lacers to the Czech Museum in Temple, TX on Saturday. Sandy, the director of the museum, agreed to open the museum just for us. They are usually just open on weekdays. It was a very interesting and enjoyable few hours. Besides the lace and Czech clothing, there were several room setups. There was a post office, a doctor's office and kitchen as they looked in the early 20th century. Here are some photos. If you want to see my whole album of photos, I have posted them on Facebook. Just search for my name on Facebook: deanna cohen. Sorry, but I still can't figure out how to link to it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...