Wednesday, August 31, 2011

lace, trimmings and delicate stitching...

I am thoroughly enjoying Karen's class 'embroider, embellish, create'. I just went out to buy some more floss. With all that I have, I didn't have the colors I wanted to use here. I found some lace that I couldn't resist so I bought a bit of it. Here are a couple of pictures to give you a taste of what we have done so far.

floss, lace, white pins and tailor's chalk
my first section is all basted and ready for embroidery stitching
 I'm hoping Karen will repeat this class in the future so that those of you who missed out can take advantage of her teaching this beautiful technique. I'm also hoping for an advanced class sometime soon after this one. I'm always thinking ahead.

...and wishing for a speedy recovery of power for those of you who had a close encounter with hurricane Irene and are still without your normal services. There are lots of us wishing we were close enough to help you out in getting back to normal.

12 comments:

Jeannie said...

Deanna, your beginnings are beautiful. The palette is so soft, yet comforting. Wishing you happy stitching.

henrietta (aka ani aka zani) said...

Lovely Deanne. Looks like this is a whole new palette for you. Yep, wish there was a class coming soon. I missed the notice. Didn't read close enough. Good going. Hope to see more. Henrietta

Els said...

Ha you're fast (as always ...!)

Gina said...

I'm so glad you posted this so we can see your progress! I'd love to see everyone else's too but have no idea who they are or what blog they might post on.

Anonymous said...

very sweet color choices- it will be fun to see the during & after photos. just looked at her blog-beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

very sweet color choices- it will be fun to see the during & after photos. just looked at her blog-beautiful. thanks for sharing.

Nat Palaskas said...

Your embroidery embellish workshop sounds wonderful. I will definitely take her next class. I know Karen's work and love it. Your floss are yummy - Hugs Nat

Anonymous said...

Your colour palette is beautiful, very restful. Glad you're enjoying the class.

realm of inspiration said...

here i am in a front row seat,
admiring your latest creation,
all the textures and total softness...
i too, hope this class is offered again!

Karen said...

so happy you are enjoying the class. I understand how you couldn't resist the lace....it's gorgeous, quite a stash you have there!

Montse Llamas said...

I'm longing to see what you do with this. To begin with, I also love the palette. Is it me, or it fits your new blog look perfectly?

Peggy said...

Deanna, this looks like it's going to be something wonderful. Serene. I didn't know about Karen so went and looked, wow! The class link must've been taken down already but I am definitely interested next time around from seeing your beginning here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...