Saturday, March 12, 2011

Quilters become Basket Makers for the Day

I arranged a basket making class for my quilting friends, my bobbin lace teacher and a bobbin lace friend. We had a great day and everyone was so pleased with their baskets that we are arranging another basket making day for next month. Here are a couple of collages showing some of us working and 4 of the completed baskets. Mine is the one with all the beads which is already in use as you can see. Click on the image for a closer view.

happy basket makers and teacher instructing
some completed baskets--the one with the beads is mine
I'm taking a shibori dye class with Glennis and that is where my time is being spent today. Check back here later if you want to see some of my results.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

You and everyone made great baskets! I'm looking forward to seeing your shibori.

deanna7trees said...

thanks, Yvonne. i just ironed a bunch of pieces and want to re-dye some of them. i thought i was getting all the way through the fabric but i did not.

ChrisnGilly said...

Hey congratualtions Deanna- I see you won Gerdiary's buntings! Woohoo! Gilly

deanna7trees said...

yes. what a treasure. i love her work. it's my lucky day.

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Deanna, those baskets look like they were made by processionals! I love your with the beads around it - Hugs Nat

Karen said...

these are really good and I can think of a million uses for them...things that don't need to be put in drawers that's for sure. They could be out all the time and constantly admired.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...