Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Bobbin Lace Mobile


I made a real mess of the endings in this piece. Anybody know of a good book that talks about endings in detail? I need all the help I can get. I'm getting better at making leaves, and think I will do some practicing of leaves before starting my next project which is ready to start but since class was cancelled today because of snow (believe it or not), I'll have to wait until next week for help.
This mobile was made using Lizbeth, Size 20 thread and the pattern is from a book by Annelies Kirst. I can't see her endings at all---HOW DOES SHE DO IT?

4 comments:

Jane Eborall said...

Have you thought of using a self threading sewing needle and sewing the ends into the 'heads' of the doubles? Tat's what I do!!!!! Another tip - sew them in as you co along - saves that big groan when you get to the end and find you have to do them all then!!!!

deanna7trees said...

Thanks, Jane. I'll have to try that. I just ordered a book from Amazon.com, 'The Beginning of the End' which is supposed to be very good on that subject. It was quite expensive so I hope it's worth it.
Couldn't sew them in as I went along because they all end in the same place in this pattern.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Very unique Lace Mobile. The cluny leaves look great. Are they made the same as the tatter's cluny leaves?

deanna7trees said...

I believe the leaves are basically the same as in tatting---a weaving in and out---except it's done with bobbins, instead of using your fingers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...