Saturday, February 13, 2010

Bead and Fabric Necklace

Valentine's Day Necklace

I have seen these necklaces of beads covered with Indian or Asian fabrics for several years and have always loved them but the beads were always too large for my taste so I never purchased one. I went and found some small, inexpensive, wooden beads and picked a fabric that had a variety of color running through the design and attempted to make one myself. I am pleased with the way it turned out. I gave this one as a Valentine's gift but am ready to now make one for myself. I plan on putting a needlace piece I did in a small wire circle at the center of the necklace. That needlace piece was posted on December 18, 2009, if you want to see it. It's the one on the left with the amber stone.

1 comment:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Love the necklace, it has great colors! It will look fabulous with the needlelace piece. Happy Valentine's Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...