Saturday, March 15, 2014

a fast week...

The days just seemed to go by so quickly this week and I don't have much to show you. I shared this tutorial from Kate Davies blog with the ladies in my knitting and crochet class and we all made buttons in class on Tuesday. They really were surprised with the wonderful results and can't wait to make some more. All the knitted and crocheted hats and pouches may wind up being decorated with buttons.

I'm taking a Line Drawing class over at creativebug.com and am enjoying it. Don't have much to show you yet, but here's a little peek at something I did today. Haven't spent the time to go further, but I will...


Don't think I mentioned that I've been growing pea sprouts indoors and I've been enjoying them in my salad. I saw this article and video and couldn't resist trying it. I'm just about ready to start planting outside....maybe this week. Hopefully, we are finished with freezing temperatures here for this season.

can you see the pea sprouts right on top?

We're experimenting with transfer inks and pencils over in Simply Stitch 4. Hope to have something to show you next time. Karen has also announced a new class, Pillows and Pages. It starts on March 24th. Check it out. It will be fun.

Hope you are all about finished with shoveling snow. I know some of you are going into the Fall season. We are headed for Spring and I'm anxious for everything to be green again.

Have a great week.

11 comments:

Yvette said...

how beautiful and you make me curious

greenlonging..ooo yes

Stitching Lady said...

You are a busy class-taker -- we will meet at the pillow and paper one. Peasprouts - oh oh, good.I will keep my eyes open next time in the garden shop.

karen said...

your weeks fly by because you don't have a spare minute. A good thing I think, creativity is relaxing if we make it that way.I know I'm miserable if I'm not stitching....

Anita said...

The line drawling class seems interesting ..yours looks like a necklace to me :) yummy salad!

Peggy said...

That button method is really neat. I want to try one just for fun. Thanks, once again, for something new!

Jane said...

The line drawing looks very intriguing, I'll look forward to seeing your progress. Have a lovely week ahead

Rachel said...

Progress left, right, and centre - well done!

Deb G said...

Hooray, your peas! Mine haven't come up yet. There is a little more green everyday. Hoping for a bit of sun tomorrow so I can get potatoes in the ground.

You find so many wonderful things to explore. :)

Nancy said...

Your food looks so yummy!

Cherie said...

The line drawing class looks intereting. I like what you have achieved with it so far.

Joe Madl said...

you are always diving into and experimenting with something new, deanna! such an inspiration... i'm beginning to feel like a slacker. ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...