Saturday, January 28, 2012

i got impatient...

Actually, I read the word bundle someplace and immediately went and opened the bundle that was still wet. It really doesn't seem to make much difference though. I threw the cloth in the dryer and have not washed it since I've decided to re-bundle it. 

will try to get a ring in the center this time


I found an old sketchbook/journal and started flipping through pages. Interesting to see what was on my mind almost 5 years ago.

2007---that sketch titled 'Revealing' might be something I'll work on now
and:

some notes on 'tikkun olam' from 2007. I think I was reading about Kabbalah back then.
Here are some links if you're interested in the subject: tikkun olam (world repair) and the mystic Abraham Abulafia.

And then in another sketchbook which is probably from around 2009, I found this:

I still see some possibilities here.
I always have good intentions when starting a sketchbook but lose interest quickly so most of them have lots of blank pages, but looking back and remembering is interesting and sparks new ideas for me.

7 comments:

henrietta (aka ani aka zani) said...

looks like you are enjoying the dyeing...so good that you still have your journals to look back on. chicago got a record rain two summers ago and most of my early sketchbooks/journals that i kept through school were destroyed. i hold about a 1.5 of standing water in my basement - all gone. amazing how quickly mold sets in during the warm weather. but - good to start from scratch - a new. nice to see where we started and how much we change. take care. funny - today i watched karen ruane's video on one of her sketchbooks - i love listening to her and watching her presentations - and then you posted a page on sketchbooks - sketchbook saturday!

kaiteM said...

i usually get too embarrassed to look back at what i did or thought several years ago, funny eh.

Deb G said...

I so know that temptation. Have a bundle I keep walking by this evening...keep telling myself wait. :)

Yvonne said...

I like the markings you got on your dyed fabric and your 'revealing' sketch idea.

Rachel said...

I'm always mislaying sketchbooks and finding them again years later. One of these days I will learn to use one!

gerfiles said...

Finding old notes + sketches reminds one of the fact that all´s going round + round in circles anyways (or is it in moons...;) - + I like your dyeing...

blandina said...

I have many notebooks, I keep losing or rather misplacing them, it will be interesting when I find them all!
Isn't it amazing how our interests change in time and our inspiration sources as well?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...