Saturday, August 21, 2010

Circles from loose weave blanket...

A few days ago I posted a great find from the thrift store. I had cut some circles from the blanket and have done some applique onto a linen napkin. The circles did not turn out the size I hoped for so I did some chain stitching around each one to make them uniform and to give them depth and dimension. I'm happy with the way they turned out and now I have to decide what to do next. I have a couple of ideas that I'm playing with so will be testing out different stitches. Click on the pictures for a close up view.

2 comments:

kaiteM said...

a nice way to bring focus to the weave of each one...k.

Working with cloth said...

Deanna what a fantastic piece, love the colors and you circles.
Anni

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...