Friday, March 5, 2010

Playing with Photoshop Elements

I am taking a Digital Photography class so I can learn how to use my new camera.  I really want to learn how to use the camera in Manual Mode, but this class does not cover that feature.  I'll have to search around for another class after this one, which is one, two hour session, for 8 weeks.  I've been having fun taking pictures and playing with them in Photoshop Elements.

This first picture was posted in my last entry and was taken in a theatre in Round Top, TX.  I love the effect of the shadows on the wooden floor created by the light coming from the windows. Here are some after using various effects in Photoshop. 
This next picture was taken at the Arboretum in Austin, TX.  The first one is the original and the second one was transformed in Photoshop. It looks like neon lighting to me.                                   

I'm thinking about how I can transform some of these to a fabric quilt.                                                       

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have a look at Bryan Peterson's book, "Understanding Exposure." It frequently appears in lists of top photography book recommendations and it was the one that helped me understand how to use my camera in manual mode. He does a superb job of describing the interplay between aperture, shutter speed, and focal length.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...