Sunday, July 19, 2009

PLANTS ON A TREE STUMP


I had to have 2 of my Redbud trees chopped down a few weeks ago due to weak, falling limbs. I had the treemen leave the stumps of the trees so that I could use them as plant holders. I had 2 of those lined plant baskets that fit perfectly on the 2 large stumps and purchased a small one for the smaller stump. I attached them with those strong heavy duty staples and put in some purslane. I had to select a plant that would withstand the over 100 degree days we have had for over a month, with little or no rain. After just a few weeks of watering daily, they have filled out the baskets and look great. The second Redbud stump has a basket ready for planting green peas, however, I'll have to wait until September to do that when the weather is a bit cooler.

1 comment:

StickLena =KnitLena said...

What a lovely and decorative way to give a tree stump new life!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...