Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bobbin Lace Accessories...

I carry my bobbin lace pillow to class every Tuesday and at home it hangs on a doorknob unless I'm working on the lace. The pillow needed a cover so that the bobbins were secure during transport. I made an over sized cover so that there would be room for all the bobbins and the pincushion. I also made little bags, from vintage embroidered hankies, to hold the bobbins in place. Now when my pillow is hanging on the door, I'm sure nothing will fall out. Now if I could only be that efficient when making the lace...

cotton cover with elastic edge

little bags to hold bobbins

made from vintage hanky

now pillow is secure when hanging on doorknob
Sorry the pictures are a bit fuzzy.

4 comments:

Herm said...

very clever Deanna and it is good to have some things in order so when you go to class it's easy to pick up and go - love the bobbins in the hankies!!!

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely homes for the lovely things - Hugs Nat

Gina said...

Those hanky bags are so sweet!

liniecat said...

What a great diea to use the nakies as carry bags like that, very clever amd so pretty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...