Saturday, June 27, 2015

a musical theme...

Another pouch completed. This one was started awhile ago and just got lost in the UFO pile. It's a small one but with lots of detailed stitching. It all started with a hanky and a piece of pink dupioni silk.

click on the images for a better view...

cutwork, puffs, embroidery, and a ruffle

the back...musical bumpy bits, embroidery

close up of cutwork and embroidery

an inner pocket

a doodled lining

I'm making good headway on my bobbin lace tree. Almost 2/3 complete. Anxious to finish this one so I can start on something new. Braiding all those long threads into a tree trunk will be a challenge.

all those loose threads will be woven into a tree trunk.

It's been a good week for so many reasons. Some hope restored for the future.
Hope you all have a great weekend.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

blue and white....

I do like working with blue and white. Mostly stitching a blue and white pouch this week and not much else. Some images as it started and to completion. The white background was stitched awhile ago....layering of fabrics secured with free motion quilting. The pouch measures 10" x 12".

click on the images for a better view....

gathering....hand dyed cloth, a thrift store soft denim skirt and some blue and white quilters cotton

cutwork, bullion knots and web stitches

adding a pocket

a triple stitch on the machine with a variegated thread

a doodle and trim hidden on the inside

a lacy button

the front

the back...web stiches with perle cotton and sashiko thread and running stitches along the white edge.

Wishing you all a happy Sunday and a creative week.

Saturday, June 13, 2015

a pouch with a vintage look...

The pouch I showed you a bit of last week was just finished last night. It was made with vintage linen cloth and a commercial fabric with a vintage look. It's already filled with fabric of the same type. Here are some images so you can see it from all angles. It measures 8" x 12".

click on the images for a better view...

a message on the lining done with a micron pen, 3 puffs and a scalloped edge

vintage linen stitched over the fabric with eyelets and embroidery

eyelets, some hand embroidery and a piped ribbon edge

just a couple of puffs on the back and some matching ties for closure

a close up of the front motif

And the paper blanket is finished. There might be a contrasting second edge added to the border but for right one, this is it. it measures just over 16" square and is quite flexible. Loved working with the Shosenshi Japanese paper.

each square is 4"

joined with a soft bamboo thread in crochet and then whip stitched together

Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm about to try pounding flowers. Don't have too many colorful ones but anxious to try the process once again. Haven't done this in years.

Saturday, June 6, 2015

more pockets....

I did finish the pocket I showed you last week that I started as part of Karen Ruane's Embroidered Pockets class. It's not too late to join in. You'd be amazed at some of the work being shown in the Flickr group....sorry, it's Private so I can't show you. But I can show you my finished pocket.

click on the images....for a much better view.

pocket front...embroidery and  appliqued bumpy bits over the broderie anglaise.

pocket back...appliqued and embroidered bumpy bits

I've started a new pocket....that I think might wind up being a pouch. Took my inspiration from some work I did in a ledger class given by Karen Ruane some time back.

inspiration from one of my ledgers transferred onto cloth.

and here it is embroidered with a printed fabric stitched behind the opening.
Hope this one will be finished by next week.

Still working on my paper blanket and just a few more squares to stitch together.

crocheted around the edge and then whip stitched together.

We've been having beautiful weather after all that rain but it's already getting too hot for my liking. We've already had several days in the 90s but Summer is nearly here so that is the way it will be.

JUST A FACT: The Romans used to clean and whiten their teeth with urine. Apparently it works. Please don't do it, though.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...