Friday, September 25, 2015

Another pouch....

which has already been put to use. Not sure when I'll get tired of making pouches but that seems to be my main focus these days when it comes to stitching. This one is all blue and white and started out with an almost square, cotton, vintage doily edged in lace. It just grew from there and developed into this tall slim pouch which now holds all of my white and beige tatting and bobbin lace threads.

click on the images....

it measures 4½" wide x  12" tall

a ruffled cloth added between the edges to enlarge the diameter and separate the lace edges.

it stands up on its own.

a 4" steel ring is stitched into the base.

a 4½" jewelry wire ring is stitched into the top. a gingham lining.

a perfect fit for all my white and beige tatting and bobbin lace threads.

another view...chicken scratch on pocket

I've also been practicing the art of Armenian Lace which is a needle lace, after seeing this video on Facebook. I'm getting better at it and would like to incorporate the stitches in some of my embroidery work.

Armenian Needle Lace

There's been lots of inspiring work going on in Karen Ruane's Sampling For Stitch class. Here are a couple of my latest paper and stitch design sheets.

paper, stitch, fabric grid, gimp, stencil work, tile

watercolor bits, newsprint, stenciled letters

My bobbin lace tree is completed in terms of the lacing but I have not yet had the time to pull all the pins and form the trunk shape....hopefully next time.

Hoping you all have a great, creative weekend.

Friday, September 11, 2015

moved into creating something a bit strange.....

Last time I showed you a hand quilted piece of muslin where I started using some inktense pencils with textile medium. I wanted to give it up several times because some of the colors were just not the way I planned them but I was determined to make something of it.

click on the images for close-ups...

hand quilted muslin with inktense pencils and stitch

completed color work and stitch and marked grid where no stitching was done with micron pen. piece marked for cutting into sections.

used binding to finish off all the sections.

joined them together with hand stitch.

formed into a basket shape with a fun cow lining.

it is a very strange shape.

made a small pouch and scissors keep with the leftover pieces.

and a small pin cushion with that one lefter over triangle.

It is all a bit strange looking but very usable as a basket.

Pulled out another tray with UFOs and finished up a small triangular pouch. There are several more to do but waiting to receive the zippers I ordered.

velvet pouch with silk print lining.

bottom side. the fabric was purchased that way in patches so easy to put together.

....and a new class has started over at Karen Ruane's place...SAMPLING FOR STITCH. I'm already having lots of fun with this one. Check it out here...

Here are my first two design sheets...

Lots more going on with knitting, crochet and another pouch but I'll save that for another time. Some of you might remember the bobbin lace tree I was working on here. It's at the bottom of that post. Well, it's almost finished and I'm hoping it will be finished and framed by the next time I post.

Hope you all have a great weekend. We finally got some rain here yesterday after no rain for a couple of all the plants are happy.

these were purchased....not from my garden.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...