Sunday, August 28, 2011

things are calming down...

Was happy to hear on the news that the east coast is now in tropical storm mode and things are calming down. Hope all of you affected are doing well. We in central Texas would give anything for some of that rain.

I'm doing better with my spinning practice but couldn't wait to try using it in knitting so I prepared a small hank, soaked it in hot water and hung it to dry. It made a larger piece than I thought it would. I like the unevenness of it so if I never get real good at spinning, that will be ok with me.
                                                                                               
                                                                                         

Karen Ruane's class, Embroider, Embellish, Create, starts tomorrow and I've been gathering all my white cloth, lace, trims, etc. I'm anxious to get started. I think she has a couple more openings if you're interested. Class registration closes sometime today.


I'm sure you've noticed that my blog format is quite different. I had no intentions of changing it but when trying to fix just one thing, I hit the wrong button and my old blog was gone. I'm not quite happy with this one yet so it will be getting some tweaking as time goes on.

13 comments:

Montse Llamas said...

First of all, I like the new blog template.

And the wool is wonderful. I like this evenness too.

Ms. said...

Gorgeous work as always, but as for the new format, well it is suddenly too big for my screen (odd) - have to scan back and forth to get the whole thing. But I can also shrink it, just that the type gets terribly tiny,
I saved several gallons of rain for you and they will be in the mail as soon as the post is open again (Ha!)
and, yes the storm has passed here - Up every two or three hours through the night, and into today watching news, writing, reading and drawing. Just back from a walk about - windy and warm, no rain now - many downed leaves, small branches and Ginkgo fruit around Gramercy Park. Now I need to nap for a few hours.

Heartwideopen said...

Whew! I thought you lost you WHOLE blog... but you still have the content. I like the colors and the larger type is much easier on these old eyes. I like it!

;-) Debi

Karen said...

Deanna, all those whites are stunning...not long now!!

Vicki W said...

I wish we could send you some of our rain. You need it badly and we've had plenty! lol!

Gina said...

I hope you enjoy Karen's class. I'd love to but know I wouldn't be able to devote any time to it right now.

Blog background...well change is always good. You'll get it the way you want again I like the Rumi quote at the top.

kaiteM said...

Enjoy your spinning, soon you won't be spinning the bumps, it will be smoother. Your new look blog is bright over here, i'd be able to see it in the dark. sudden change is difficult to accept isn't it.

Nat Palaskas said...

Your spinning is looking great. The lumpiness is the only spinning I know how to do. I love it too. You will get me back to spinning again soon. I'm looking forward to leaning weaving then spinning will follow.
The embroidery embellishing workshop looks great. You will have a great time. Your blog new looks is much brighter. I like it - Hugs Nat

Nancy said...

Your new blog is easy to read and cheerful! Love the wool and whites! Have fun in your new class and be sure to show us what you're working on :)

deanna7trees said...

Nancy-- i will post what i'm working on and Karen will probably also post on her blog: http://karenruane.blogspot.com

gerfiles said...

I like the look of it - involuntary changes have the potential to turn out more satisfactory than planned ones... ;)

deanna7trees said...

thank you all for your comments. you are right, heike, about involuntary changes.

Deb G said...

You've been busy! I was told when I started to spin that experienced spinners have a hard time creating uneven yarns when they want them so as I've been practicing my spinning I've been watching very carefully to see what I'm doing as I create different thicknesses. I love uneven yarns a lot and want to keep making them. Making my sky scarf is going to be my challenge for holding on since I'm spinning every couple days now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...