Sunday, August 21, 2011

nice markings from acorns...

I had forgotten that I left some cloth pieces in the acorn bath. It's been about 2 weeks and I like what happened to them. One of the silk pieces has some nice markings. I believe it's from the broken up acorns  where the innards touched the cloth. Will try a bundle next time to see if I can get markings on more of  the cloth. Click on the image for close-ups.

silk with acorn markings

silk upholstery, cotton, and silk

more feathers received in the mail...
I had ordered some hand spun mohair with lace bits from Drucilla and she was so kind to send me two beautiful feathers from her flock.

rooster feather (long & bendy) and turkey feather


6 comments:

Ms. said...

Oh my...really beautiful feather gift, and the layout of the photo too. Geese?
About dye with nut baths-When I go to MA. I will try some...do you need a setting factor? And, by the way, I once made halved walnut heart shaped marks on a page in my sketch book. I could do it on purpose with cloth (they are heart shaped.

Oh, and all this feather furry has unearthed a little 'miracle' I'd completely forgotten about. But, I'll post it on Feather Friday, and send you a foretaste by email.

Nat Palaskas said...

How gorgeous Deanna. I wished I've left some silk in the acorn bath now. mine is still sitting in the pot on my deck. You must be pleased - Hugs Nat

jude said...

such golden results...mom has black oaks, i will collect from there too. mine are mostly white and pin oaks.

PJ said...

the markings the acorns left are beautiful. I always enjoy and am inspired when i visit your blog.

Peggy said...

Deanna, those pieces are beautiful. What a nice surprise you made for yourself by forgetting about them for a few weeks! Love that. The yarn looks luscious -- guess feathers are in the air (smiling)!

Drucilla said...

i'm so glad you were pleased with the package deanna... you photographed it so beautifully. Ms. ∆×∆p×≥h/4π, the black&white feather is from a turkey, and the long one is a rooster tail feather.

the acorns made such interesting marks - it reminds me of papyrus. i'll have to try an acorn bath one day soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...