Sunday, August 21, 2011

Learning to Spin...

I tried on my own with books and videos but I just couldn't get it. I went to a Spin Express class at Hill Country Weavers in Austin yesterday and now I understand how it works. I just need to practice a little bit each day. You can see I actually have some spun yarn on my spindle.

a basket full of roving waiting to be spun
Karen Ruane of Contemporary Embroidery is FINALLY giving an online class called, Embroider, Embellish, Create and it is going to be fabulous. So check out her blog and consider signing up for this class. All the information is on her blog and here.

I'm sure you all know about Jude's Magic Feather Project. There has been lots of feather information flying around lately. Here is a review of a book on feathers that promises to be a good read and a link where the author talks about the book on NPR.

And Michelle of Ms. Uncertainty Principles has a great feather related post today. So check it out.

Enjoy your Sunday.

5 comments:

Karen said...

thanks Deanna...you can go straight to the top of the class!!
I have a friend who loves to spin her own yarn, she creates some fabulous threads.

Unknown said...

Deanna--Where do you live? I live in Kerrville and have tried to find somewhere close by to take a spinning class. You can take one at Yarnivore in S.A. Meanwhile, I have taught my self and probably do everything the wrong way, but it sure is fun!

Drucilla said...

that basket of roving looks so luscious deanna ... congrats on learning to spin, it only gets easier from here!

Anonymous said...

You're doing it!!! hooray for you & perseverance! I knew you'd get it.

Deb G said...

Looks great! I needed to find someone that knew how to spin to give me a few pointers as well, made all the difference. And then yes, practice and practice. I still specialize in thick and thin. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...