Thursday, February 9, 2012

moon magic...

I missed taking pics on the night of the full moon but took a few this morning. When I get up in the morning, I usually open the kitchen shutters just to see what's happening outside. It's still dark at about 6:30am and what I saw this morning was a beautiful moon peeking through the almost leafless trees. I ran and got my camera and went out in the garage to take pictures through the little windows. It was much too cold outside and I wasn't yet dressed. So this is what I got.  Looks like my camera saw more than one moon...

that thick trunk is a huge dead sago palm in my neighbors yard ... i keep collecting the bark as it falls off.

a hint of a second moon in the upper left corner. if this image enlarges, there is a face in that moon

and then there were three

9 comments:

Peggy said...

Deanna, those are awesome -- wouldn't the three moons be cool on fabric, just as the camera saw them? SO cool!

handstories said...

i came here w/the thought of many moons in my mind & here they are!
love the blue of the sky that you've captured, too.

(& just to show you how my mind works...when you said "i wasn't yet dressed....Looks like my camera saw more than one moon"- i was wondering if you had mooned the moon! )

Ms. said...

Ah--the moon madness merrily rolls along. That early morning duskiness is so evocative, and the tree branches framing with thread lines. Lovely. I think I'll run up to the roof and try to get one more glimpse though we are three days past the apex.

Nat Palaskas said...

Magic moon! Good captured Deanna - Hugs
Nat

neki desu said...

three moons! almost like murakami's book IQ84

Karen said...

these are amazing images Deanna....

henrietta (aka ani aka zani) said...

your camera magic is working - pretty soon you'll have a cloth - the moon's of saturn - enjoy the stitching. we've been cloudy so no moon.

Rachel said...

Love the dark blue sky - a great contrast!

Deb G said...

I love how the moon can be cradled in tree branches...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...