Monday, February 20, 2012

meditative stitching continues...

since some of you asked...a bit more has been done on the meditative stitching. The needle weaving in those holes is very fiddly work. I pick up this work when I don't know where I want to go on my magic cloth or when I want to be able to work on something small. Looking at the picture here, I'm seeing that those crossed triangles are purple and not black, as I thought. Will have to change that.
Click on the images for a closer view.

there will be more holes, more needle weaving and more...

I'm also working on a needle felting project that I can't show yet but while gathering my supplies, I found some wonderful silks in my stash. I'm thinking there will some weaving, braiding and spinning coming from some of this in the near future.

lots of possibilities with this silk

And wanted to share this wonderful video that glennis posted on Facebook this morning. It is the first exhibit of mandalas created by patients of the Swiss psychoanalyst Carl Jung.
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/living/2012/02/19/pkg-sacred-circles.cnn#/video/living/2012/02/19/pkg-sacred-circles.cnn

19 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Wow gorgeous yellow! Weaving and spinning is coming for you? That would be great. I will start soon too. Thanks for the video - hugs Nat

Unknown said...

I like the purple!

Ms. said...

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A STITCHER AND A SLACKER IS SLEEP. Ha-when I don't know what direction to take I often take a nap-my sleep solution! Your fideley holes are like your portals in a way seeing through to the other side of the void, and those colorful silks full of potential.

Peggy said...

Deanna, your meditative project has such a lovely, ethereal feel to it. And that video, wow, thanks for passing it on, I love mandalas. The silks are breathtaking -- you will spin the strands of silk to twist them to make yarn? I have no idea here, I'm guessing!

Jeannie said...

I loved the Jung program and have thought about it all day. Your meditative piece is wonderful. So many images come to mind when I look at it. Sari silk is my weakness. I have some that I want to weave and some others that I think some sort of binding threads together would be fun. Thanks for all the inspiration.

kaiteM said...

your meditative stitching is very, well - meditative. seriously, it's quite absorbing to view, and must be to stitch as well.
here we go, X fingers it works, i've turned my word verif'n off for now. jolly nuisance.

Karen said...

the silk is going to create some marvellous weaving's....

Velma Bolyard said...

i like this piece, and i even like the purple!

Anonymous said...

i love that top photo. just beautiful deanna

blandina said...

Those holes are fantastic, and the whole piece is very interesting. I like the purple too!

blandina said...

The video is amazing, I am fascinated by the link between creativity, meditation and healing. Thank you.

Judy Martin said...

Your meditative piece is looking wonderful. Very lovely.

jude said...

love that Lacey stitching

Anonymous said...

the silk makes hand reach out - wishing to fondle it. This is acey. I can't get into blogger as anything but anonymous.

Tammie Lee said...

your gauzy piece is amazing! I will have to take a look at that video, thank you.

Rachel said...

Love the yellow!

Nanette said...

Sorry Deanna, not commenting about anything on this post, although it all looks wonderful and I'm going to go back and look properly. But I wanted to ask, I saw a comment you made on Trace Willans blog, SoewnEarth, about her tutorial for using eggy yolk with dyeing....did you have a go with this? and how did it turn out? I have an egg a chicken put her toenail in, it'd be perfect to try this...no leaves though and it's too rainy to go looking...aah!

I might be doing a workshop with her in April, the group is so big she's been brought in to teach the overflow, I won't know until the day which group I'll end up in, but there'll be chance to talk to her anyway. I could even request to be in her group, she looks amazing, then so does the other tutor...ooh agonies!

handstories said...

these intricate circle spaces ...just love them, especially the woven one next to the triangles is my favorite.

stitchinglife said...

Loving that stitching in progress.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...