Saturday, March 26, 2011

Shibori overdyeing and an experiment with cotton...

I over dyed some silk pieces or parts of some silk pieces that did not turn out well. I also did some experimenting with a stencil that didn't work the way intended but a butterfly appeared that i know i will use somewhere. The colorhue dyes that I am using do not work on cotton so I tried using some Dynaflow paint with the resist technique. The paint went all the way through and I'm not sure if it's because I removed the resist before the cotton dried or for some other reason. Will have to repeat that experiment to be sure. Here are some pics. Click on the pic for a closer view.

some stitched over dyes--hoping for a blue moon

tried putting a CD behind the leaf stencil since I didn't have 2 stencils. the white is the cotton.

the white cotton was dipped in a plastic bag with the blue dynaflow paint but resist did not work.

the silk over dyes. the stencil experiment didn't work as intended but i like the results.
One more post and then the giveaway.

3 comments:

karen said...

it's obvious that you are having so much fun with this Deanna..I can really feel your enthusiasm...the cold a bit better today. I had an early night yesterday which I think helped and I have been drinking effervescent vitamin c.

PJ said...

Hi Deanna,
wow each one of these is unique....I see a moth in the butterfly! Love the green one, the moon, and the one that is green and white. Really they all worked! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

Notjustnat said...

How much fun with your experiment Deanna. The best part is experimenting. I can see you are as addicted as I am hehe! - Enjoy your weekend - Hugs Nat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...