Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Old Garden Journals

Reading woman with wings blog post on garden journals brought back memories. I remembered that when I first moved into my house I kept garden journals. I scoured my bookcases and found 3 old journals. Loved looking through them and reading what I had written back in the late 1980s and 1990s. Thought I'd share some pictures. I even found a note I had received from my Aunt Jean that she wrote in 1985 when she sent me some seeds for the silver dollar plant. Thanks woman with wings for the memories. Click on the pics for a closer view.

journal from 1988
note that came with silver dollar seeds from Aunt Jean in 1985
picture journal from 1997
pictures and articles in this journal

8 comments:

Cheryl Razmus said...

Funny that you post your journals just now. The other day on my "paper reduction project" I weeded out a large looseleaf from my obsessive record keeping days with a page for each type of plant, all kinds of info and photos. Now my garden is matured, and I just enjoy it instead of studying it.

Karen said...

what a lovely idea, I have never seen a garden journal before. I was looking through an old book some time ago and found a bookmark with my grandmothers writing on it...wonderful.

Peggy said...

Deanna, wow, you've got GOLD there, so much information! And I just love your Aunt Jean's letter, that's a real treasure. Did you get the seeds going? I'm so glad you put these up!

Herm said...

i'm curious to know if you have a silver dollar tree and also is it a type of eucalyptus tree? i'm not much of a gardener, the only thing i tried once was bonsai planting!

deanna7trees said...

hi Herm. the weather here is not right for the silver dollar plant. i believe it is a form of eucalyptus. we cannot grow eucalyptus here. if you google "silver dollar plant", i'm sure you will find lots of information and some pictures.

Storycloth said...

You have a treasure trove at your place Deanna! Thankyou so much for sharing. Gilly

Lis Harwood said...

This is really interesting, after a few years break from obsessive plant listing and garden plan drawing I have just returned to keeping a garden journal this year and now I also have the opportunity to post about my garden on my blog! Journals of all kinds are wonderful things, I am most thorough about maintaining my travel journals and my children were coerced, encouraged, bribed and downright threatened to add their bits (but they appreciate it now!).

liniecat said...

Ive not heard of keeping a garden book in that way either but what lovely things to have to look back on.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...