Sunday, March 13, 2011

More Shibori dyeing experiments...

Used up the leftover dyes by over dyeing some pieces from yesterday with some new wooden templates I bought at Michaels this morning. I also dropped some used color catcher sheets into the dye. It takes the dye real well. Tried to tone down the colors some. I prefer muted colors but it will take me a while to learn how to achieve that. I also took that last piece I posted yesterday, cut it into strips and wove it with one of the pieces that turned out quite light. I love the way this weaving turned out. Seems like saturation of the lighter silks create the most beautiful designs. I have a hard time getting the dye to penetrate through the heavier silk.

moons on a color-catcher sheet, wooden hands, wooden hearts
weaving using 2 shibori dyed pieces

16 comments:

jude said...

oh i love the weaving, i have a few pieces waiting to be woven, i haven't decided how to do it yet...
it is all so new to me. fun!

Nat Palaskas said...

Love your woven piece. You are quick off the mark. Mine are still hanging on the line. Love the color combination. It's really you, sweet!
Hugs
Nat

Penny Berens said...

Love the coming and going of the moons in the weave.

handstories said...

Your weaving is beautiful...love all the "moons" coming together & peeking out.

Jacky said...

Ahhhh... I love your weaving and those lovely moon peeping through. Mine fabrics are still in the wet! You have me itching to get them dry and play.

Jacky xox

Anonymous said...

I love the weaving.And I really like the interesting patterns you have managed to achieve.

deanna7trees said...

thank you all for your comments. this is so much fun and very addictive.

Marti said...

The weaving of Spring; this is such a lovely, delicate, exquisite piece. Sky,sun, field green, floral riffs all calming and hopeful, sorely needed these days.

deanna7trees said...

well thanks so much, Marti. what a beautiful description.

Peggy said...

It's a lovely watercolor weaving! Your weaving of new things learned turned out a-ma-zing . . .

liniecat said...

4got to to ask! How do you get a moon shape in shibori? My brain cant fathom it out ~ but if its part of a taught workshop and your not allowed to tell, I'll understand!:)

Deb G said...

Oh you and Jude are making me regret not signing up for the class! Love the weaving so much....

deanna7trees said...

thanks, Deb. wish you were dyeing along with us.

Yvonne said...

When I look at your weaving, I feel refreshed! Very nice.

Joe Madl said...

oh...these are lovely! i absolutely adore your weaving! your shibori experiments are too much fun!

Clare Wassermann said...

I really adore that weaving. It moves he eyes around and I bet it will feel lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...