|bobbin lace collar with beads...linen thread|
And I know you're probably tired of seeing these cloths from the dye pot, but this is how I keep track of them. I'd never remember when I did what, if it wasn't for this blog. These 2 pieces were originally done shibori method with colorhue dyes. They didn't turn out great, so I decided to overdye using the tin can method I just love. I used onion skins and some eucalyptus leaves and some pennies hidden between the cloth and the can.
|this was originally blue done with the colorhue dyes. the pin holes are still visible from the shibori stitching. it's a habotai silk.|
|this is a heavier silk and i did lots of folding so some of the original green color would remain.|
|stitching on scrim...a new experience|
|a scrim ruffle and grid...and some stitching started.|