Sunday, March 4, 2012

just another turkey...

Several bloggers have posted this video. I first saw it posted on Nancy's place. I took note of it so that I could watch it when I had more time. It's a 50 minute video. After seeing it posted in a couple of other places, I clicked on the link and started watching. I was hooked within 5 minutes and just had to watch it to the end. So I am posting it here again, in case you haven't watched it yet. I guarantee that you will love it. There are also some beautiful images throughout the video. Here are some for those of you who will be unable to watch due to your location (sorry). There is also a book here, and a DVD here, that you can purchase. And there's always the library and Netflix, if you are a subscriber.

I should say that the name of the video is 'MY LIFE AS A TURKEY'. I was amazed at the interaction of the turkeys with all the other animals around. There is more wisdom there than I've ever given turkeys credit for. Let me know what you think...

Joe and Sweetpea

just another turkey in a tree

walking with his brood

not a turkey, but I love these images in the film

6 comments:

Ms. said...

GREAT.....by the time we've all finished extolling this film's virtues, we'll have it up for some special award. It is, and he is, the most extraordinary of events to come round for awhile. The turkey's wisdom is understandable to me, it's his wisdom, patience and compassion that moves me. I'm so happy to know he's off in Colorado living with a herd of mule deer now. What a guy! I love the stills you took and included here. Such a visually gorgeous film!

Jane S. said...

That was such a good program! We used to raise turkeys and I learned a lot about them. They weren't affectionate in the same sense that a cat or dog is, but they enjoyed being held and carried around, and if we sat on the ground they would roost on our shoulders. Tom (original name, eh?) used to get up on the roof of the workshop and stare in the kitchen window while I did the dishes. My family said he had a crush on me. lol

ali said...

Thanks so much for posting this! The video is blocked in China, but it just so happens that I'm in Seoul for a couple days now--great timing.

Nancy said...

Deanna- the scene I keep picturing is where they (he & the turkeys) are just hanging out on the porch, keeping out of the rain. I could never be that still and patience filled!

Saskia said...

it is just wonderful and moving and allows me to believe in (wo)man being able to live in harmony with (her/his own) nature.....I saw it on the telly a while ago, my husband happened unto it by chance and we could barely breathe watching these amazing birds sharing their lives with a human being, allowing us a glimpse into their way of life, yes truly amazing

Rachel said...

Bookmarked to look at when I have an hour - thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...