Friday, August 27, 2010

Update on Circles Cloth...

Ger and Kaite suggested that the brown velvet was not right for this piece and that I should stick with the blue and white. I agreed and have added a different fabric to the left side of the piece. I plan on embroidering some of the circles in this two tone beige fabric with different shades of blue to bring the piece together. There's a little sample of the fabric in the upper left corner with some colored circles. Keep the criticisms and comments coming. You are all so helpful and I need lots of help...

click on photo for close-up view

8 comments:

gerfiles said...

Yes... ;)

Storycloth said...

Hi there, well you know I can see the difference between the two pics. If the second one was blue toned all over I might be tempted to go with that, but I think what I like about the first arrangement is the wacky pattern contrast. I find it exciting. Are you going to try a more blue toned addition too? If not, my choice is the first - it is much stronger than the second. G

deanna7trees said...

well looks like some like the new and some like the old. i tend to like the new and i will add some blue to the left side to make it more cohesive. i do love the brown velvet fabric i had there before so will have to work on another piece to incorporate it. thanks for your comments.

kaiteM said...

lots more blue circles on the beigey one, and then incorporate some of that one over on the right for balance. don't mind me...k.

raquel said...

me encanta ,super bello

Penny Berens said...

Love the new one; but those browns in the first one are yummy. Can't wait to see the piece you make for them.

jude said...

oh, what a wonderful piece.

deanna7trees said...

thanks all for the comments. it's been a fun piece to work on but lots more to do on it. i like the stitching best and that's whats left.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...