Sunday, July 10, 2016

Back for an overview....

I haven't posted in so long that I'm hoping I remember how to do this....I post mostly on Instagram these days and some of you have been following me over there....so thank you. Some of you have wondered why I wasn't posting here anymore and there just isn't enough time to do it all so I hope you'll come on over to Instagram and follow me over there. You do not need to set up an account to follow me.

Thought I'd just load this post with some of the images that I've posted over there so you can see what I've been up to....click on the images for close up views.

There have been more pouches:

pouch  with hanky and lace

embroidery cut up and stitched with fabric into a bucket pouch

Lots of embroidery:

monograms on some free motion snippet lace

a tree embroidered onto a page in a story book 

embroidery on cotton. pattern from story book

embroidered names of characters in storybook THE BEDSPREAD

miniature pajama tops with monograms for the 2 characters in the book
The storybook is what I'm working on in Karen Ruane's class STITCHING A STORY. It's not too late to sign up....Go Here

and I've also been working along with Pat Sloan's Splendid Sampler group. Two blocks are posted each week to work up. I'm refreshing my memory on so many techniques I haven't used in years....and it's all FREE....so check it out and see if you'd like to join in. Go HERE Scroll down at that link and you'll see all the blocks presented so far. There will be 100 total so it's an ongoing project done a little at a time. It's amazing how fast the blocks add up. Here are some of mine. I'm working in two different colorways so I'll have 50 in each when it's complete.

a block with lots of embroidery

this one was a challenge with foundation paper piecing

and here are most of them in one colorway

and in the other colorway

Well, I guess that's all for now. Not sure when I'll be back here but hope you'll come see me on Instagram. Hope you're all enjoying life.

14 comments:

liniecat said...

The storybook sounds like great fun and I adore those little pyjama jackets!
I wondered if you were concentrating on facebook and Instagram, glad your not poorly in any case!

Christine Barnes said...

It's wonderful to revisit these lovely pieces Deanna. I agree about the time thing. I would love to do a blog but I then wouldn't have time to produce anything to talk about on it. May be one day.

Rachel said...

Yikes, you really have done a lot, haven't you!

Instagram is good for a quick dip in, but blogging is good for when you want to organise your thoughts a bit more, I think...

margaret said...

good to see what you are up to do look at instagram but not very often. SS blocks look good afraid I have been lazy with them and not done many, find there are so many seams on such small blocks have not been impressed with mine but still downloading them maybe one day I will improve enough

Stitching Lady said...

I am glad that you did not give up posting completely. It would be a pity. I was looking now and then... But I am well informed via Instagram. I am still posting - it is like a second track - I am posting a bit different from Instagram, more information and different photos.

karen said...

I follow you on Instagram, on Facebook...I see you in class too but I still miss your blog! Lovely to have you back if only temporarily x

Mo Crow said...

good to see a post! I can't follow you on Instagram without an account & I can't have an account without a cell phone but I can see the photos & they are always lovely

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hi Deanna (waving madly from here). So glad to see a post from you - it's always such fun to see what you've been working on. I suppose I should attempt to solve the mysteries of Instagram at some point so I can keep up with your creations. Hope all is well with you!

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Deanna,

Lovely to see what you have been up to! I can't follow, or comment, on Instagram as I only have a PAYG basic mobile phone! But I can visit you via the link on your blog. I know blogging means one is always catching up on reading, but I still love blogging!
Barbara xx

Mo Crow said...

thanks for the heads up the rules have changed over on Instagram I can follow people without an account which would be good if I embraced the idea of following which I really don't do!

Anita said...

I missed your blog posts Deanna .. cute miniature pajama tops and the splendid sampler block looks good in both colors.

Peggy said...

Yes, it's hard to fit in both blogging and instagram for me, too....still love to see what you and others are making and doing on instagram even though I'm not posting there much. Everything you've made is wonderful, Deanna, you always have so much detail in your pieces -- very inspiring. The tree embroidered on the page is pure magic.

Doris said...

Missed you here, but so good to see what you have made in the meantime. You are so productive! Great.

Janie said...

Beautiful work!
The PJ tops are adorable, clever!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...