Friday, January 16, 2015

there has been improvement....

I've been practicing every day and I am becoming more comfortable with that tambour hook. I worked up this design on cloth with a variegated #20 thread and the cloth didn't fight me as much this time round.

click on the images....


I've ordered a larger hook....I think it will be larger....It's hard to tell by the numbers. I really enjoy working with the thicker threads.

Still working on the doll I showed you last time. She's turning out to be about 20" tall. Just finished her dress which needs to be blocked. Hopefully, it will be completed by my next post so I can mail it off.



I started doing a bit of collage work in a book I was about to put in the giveaway pile. It's about 2" thick and gluing or stitching some pages together makes it a great medium for paint or collage work. Need to make a cover for it.

collage work with paper, micron pen, paint pens and stencils.

....and I did pull this wrapping cloth out this morning. I worked on it in Karen Ruane's wrapping cloth class and it is so close to being finished so maybe if it's staring me in the face I'll actually finish it.


It's warmed up a bit. We start out in the 30s (F) in the morning but it gets close to 60 by afternoon and the sun is finally shining again. Have a great weekend.

12 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

60 degrees? Oh how I wish! It was minus 11 Celsius here this afternoon with a bitter wind.

Anita said...

Love your wrapping cloth! tambour soutache pattern looks very pretty in variegated thread.

Nancy said...

Your tambour work looks beautiful. I really like the design. The doll is so adorable. Someone will be very excited with their mail soon!!

Jane said...

love seeing the variety in what you do, the tambour work seems to be progressing well, and the doll has grown

Rachel said...

The tambour design has turned out beautifully.

karen said...

I am loving the re emergence of the wrapping cloths both with you and me. The dolls are really lovely Deanna, there will be a happy person out there who receives this one.

Mosaic Magpie said...

I guess it is true, practice does indeed make perfect and you have mastered the tambour hook!
Your doll is a sweetie, I have ordered a kit to make myself a doll. Your wrapping cloth will be glad to see you again!
Deb

Els said...

Love all your work Deanna !
The first picture is really fab !

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the wrapping cloth. Is that q hand on it near the top of the pictures? And the long oval bumpy things look interesting too!
Making a doll is on my 'to make' list, but that's as far as it's gotten!
I must look up tambour lace because I can't see how you've produced that lovely piece in the first photo with that hooky thing!

deanna7trees said...

yes, Louise....that is a hand on the wrapping cloth. the tambour hook is used in haute couture fashions created mostly in Paris with beads and sequins and embroidery. there are lots of you-tube videos.....and i think i posted a video a couple of posts back.

neki desu said...

love your tambour work!

Nat Palaskas said...

I can see the confident in your tambour stitch. Great use of color too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...