Saturday, October 4, 2014

the drizzle stitch...

I played with the drizzle stitch this week that I learned from Mary Corbet's blog needlenthread. It is fiddly to do but I love the result.

click on the images...

beaded drizzle stitch

I showed you some hanky blocks last week....well, i was not happy with the way they were looking so I took my rotary cutter and cut them all into 4½" patches. I played with some of them last night and have almost finished a small pouch.

cut up hanky blocks

a few stitched together for a pouch

front of pouch

back of pouch

The pouch  (5" x 8") still needs some finishing touches and the side seems need to be stitched together. Hope it will be completed by next week....and there are still more patches to play with....maybe a needle case.

I'm about half way done with the shawl I showed you last week. It looks like the width will be about 18" when completed using the Amazing yarn (yarn name)  and a 9" needle (for those of you who decided to make one).

at the half way point

The sleeves of the Downton Abbey coat are finished and I'm working on the little tab that goes on the back at the waistline which is done in double knitting. Next will be the collar. The challenge for me will be in the wet blocking....can't wait to finish.

A cold front came in last night and it was 58 degrees this morning....just delightful.

Have a great week.

15 comments:

Rachel said...

I've never heard of beaded drizzle stitch - it sounds like fun!

Els said...

Love that variation of the "drizzle" (funny name) with the seed beads, Deanna !

Lovely hanky pouch, and that green shawl / scarf if wonderful !
How many stitches are did you cast on ???
(would be great in a Mobius shawl too ...)

karen said...

the pouch is wonderful Deanna and I am very pleased that you have created something you love out of something that you weren't happy with. I am on pins waiting to see the coat finished.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Well I suppose I have recovered from having had to have a little lie down every time I thought of you cutting up that piece and am now able to forgive you, particularly after seeing what you've done with the remains. I assume the yarn you're using is called 'Amazing' and isn't just amazing to knit with? Then again, it could be both.

Ms. said...

Really REALLY pretty stuff Deanna--the pouch, and shawl and great news on the DA coat moving along! The drizzle is interesting, and kind of looks like creatures from Frodo land :-)

margaret said...

I too like drizzle stitch picked it up from Sharon`s pintangle tast. Your hankies are being put to good and practical use and the green knitting is looking good, green is my favourite colour so always drawn to anything green

Jane said...

I saw that tutorial, it looks an interesting stitch, glad you enjoyed playing with it. I made a pouch this week, there must be something in the air

susan hemann said...

Hello! just love the drizzle stitch! will have to check out the blog. Your pouch is amazing, I love the way it turned out, just wish you would sell some of your things. Lovely shawl, I haven't even started the one I want too make. lol

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that stitch, thanks for the video link, it looks like lots of fun. & I thought that "Amazing" was how you felt about the yarn- ha!

Stitching Lady said...

Wow, you did a good thing to cut the hankies up (courageous - as I said before), it is quite different now and looks very good as a pouch. The drizzle stitch, I know it well - nice little thing. And bravo for advancing so well with the coat.

neki desu said...

♥ the pouch.

Deb G said...

You could make a garden of sea anenomes with that stitch! :) Glad you had some cooler weather.

Peggy said...

The shawl is gorgeous -- I was wondering if you were using Amazing or not. There must be a lot of colorways for that yarn. The pattern is in my favorites on ravelry so maybe, just maybe. And your coat will be done just in time for cooler weather! xo

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely pouch from hankies. It's a sort of boro look! Nicely done Deanna - Hugs Nat

Anonymous said...

what pretty colors you're working with!I just made myself a needle case -- how satisfying that was!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...