Thursday, October 28, 2010

We had fun weaving at quilt bee today...

I've brought so many fabric weavings to quilt bee for show and tell since taking Jude's class, that my bee buddies wanted to learn how to do it. I think they did an excellent job and I think they all enjoyed it. I brought some samples of pieces at different stages of progress for them to look at. I taught them the invisible stitch used to 'glue' the pieces together and some of them even started the backstitch on each of the rows. I'm looking forward to seeing their pieces completed at a future show and tell. It was a fun day. Click on the pictures for close-up views.

my samples at different stages of progress

weavers at work


their works in progress


8 comments:

jude said...

oh thank you so much for this.....

Nat Palaskas said...

Great works - Hugs Nat

kaiteM said...

everyone looks very involved, a good day had by all. k.

gerfiles said...

Weaving the virtual into real life and personal experience into community, and that back into the virtual - that´s wonderful...

Sharon said...

Totally fun to read about. Kudos to you. I love what you taught your group. You are spreading Jude's word. Don't you just love Jude's invisible stitch? Backstitch rules. In joy -- Sharon

Karen said...

it's really great when we can share new skills with our friends, it will also be facinating to see how different they all turn out.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

YES!!!!!
it's nice to see you in this
atmosphere...i learn more and more
of who deanna is.

Storycloth said...

Hi Deanna - what great weavings your group did - how fortunate they are to have you share your knowledge with them. Gilly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...