Monday, June 7, 2010

Small Art Quilt Completed

One UFO has been completed, but that doesn't even make a dent in what is left. I started this little art quilt in an online class with Pamela Allen quite a while ago. It had tatted flowers and 3D fruit and I was really never happy with it. I removed those elements and added one of the flower designs I learned in my most recent class with Leslie Lacika, Bodacious Blossoms. I also added a border so that the flowers could be stitched off the edge.  It measures 16"x16". It includes rusted fabric, sheer fabric, and hand dyed fabric.  Click on the photos for a closer view.



3 comments:

Karen said...

I really like the 3d flowers, so effective. Thanks for the link too!x

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

Good for you for finishing one of our class projects! I think the 3-D lesson was in the second year. I took mine apart as I never liked that one, but am still working on all the ones from this year. Still stitching down the one with the dog treeing the racoon!

cat said...

I love it! So sweet!
Cat
PS I'm from the jude hill class.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...