Wednesday, June 23, 2010

More on the Quilt from the other day...

I just had to do something to improve all those UFO blocks I put together the other day.  They just didn't look like they belonged together and I am very determined to quilt it and use it on my bed, so I made a bunch of 4 patches using the same fabrics and appliqued them on the plain blocks.  I think it helped and I think I can live with it now.  It is now ready to be sandwiched which I hope to complete tomorrow.  Then comes the problem of deciding how to quilt it.  It will be hand quilted--a good project to work on at quilt bee every Thursday and great for something to do while watching TV in the evenings.  Here is a before and after picture.  Would love to hear if you think it's somewhat improved.   Blogger keeps changing the way things work and this new way is driving me crazy. I finally thought I knew what I was doing but looks like I'm in trouble again.

BEFORE                                                                            

                                                                                          AFTER       

3 comments:

Susan said...

I think your changes have made this quilt feel more unified. It;s always hard to out together diverse blocks into a single quilt. This came out well.

ger said...

I like the After... - plain blocks are not very inviting for hand quilting anyways I suppose... - thanks for stopping by at Gerdiary...

karen said...

the extra blocks definitely add ''something'' good choice. Enjoy the hand quilting, I am envious as it is so relaxing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...