Sunday, April 4, 2010

Manipulations with Picasa and Photoshop Elements

I learned a little bit more about manipulating photos in Photoshop Elements, on Thursday, in my digital photography class.  I tried some things out today and had lots of fun.  This first picture was very boring but I think the leaves look useable now for a small art quilt.


Next, I started out with one of the pictures I took in NYC last year of the 59th St Bridge while riding the Roosevelt Tram and between Picasa and Photoshop, this is what I came up with.  I need to keep playing so I will learn how to use all the tools.  It's the 'layers' I haven't yet been able to master, but I'll keep on trying. Click on the individual pictures for a better view.


                                                        original picture




3 comments:

Karen said...

this is good photoshop work! I had tuition on this kind of thing at university, couldn't get the hang of it at all. I admire your skill in this.

Anita said...

Deanna-I love what you did with the bridge. Anita

Norma Schlager said...

Very cool! What filter did you use on the second bridge picture?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...