Friday, July 17, 2015

The Wrapping Cloth is finished.....

I did name it the FUN TIMES cloth and it has been in progress for a few years. It was started in Karen Ruane's wrapping cloth class back in 2011....I believe. I'm just posting a whole bunch of images here of the finished cloth and lots of images of the cloth in progress. Feels good to have this finished. I apologize for the quality of some of these images.

click on the images for a close-up view....

32" x 32" piping around the center section and most of the outside edge

14 puffs along the right side edge

a peek at the backing

hidden behind the ruffles



petals, fme lace, embroidery

prairie points

cast on stitch



cut work and bullion knots

mid section finished


button, pocket, appliqued hand

smocking

pocket filled with puffs

So happy to have this finished. The problem with dragging out a project for so many years is that you realize all the things you should have done that are too late to correct but it was fun and I learned so many new techniques in Karen Ruane's classes.

I probably will not be posting as often and when I do, it will probably just be images of what I've been doing just so I can keep a record. I know that I haven't had much time to check all the blogs I love to read and I'm sure some of you have the same problem. Always love your comments and feel free to ask questions....anytime.....I will respond personally, if you comment with your e-mail address.
,,,and you can follow me on Instagram...  https://instagram.com/deanna7trees/

Have a great week.

19 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Hello Deanna, Sorry you won't be blogging so often, but I know it takes a great deal of time visiting and commenting on other blogs and one does need some time for crafting! Your wrapping quilt is absolutely georgeous, I love all the details! Have. Great summer. Barbara xx

karen said...

a record of a truly amazing piece Deanna. The images illustrate your process and skill perfectly. I love this, truly love it. I was there when it started and followed every stitch. All those things you wished you had done can be carried forward to other pieces...this is your library of ideas!

Suztats said...

Fabulous wrapping cloth, Deanna! (I'm still working on mine.) Lots of lovely touches, and I love that fabric.

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

I want a pocket filled with puffs! This cloth is beautiful Deanna!

Montreat Designs said...

Just amazing. I love all the details, Deana, and how you tracked all your work. The photos are fabulous as well!

Lis Harwood said...

Thank you for the close-ups, such lovely techniques and appropriately named "fun" cloth.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Congratulations on finishing! There are so many details to explore in your photos and now you have me wishing for more time so I could make another wrapping cloth!! Sorry you won't be blogging as much - I'll miss my visits with you, but hopefully you'll still drop in now and then.

Jane said...

what a wonderful finish Deanna, it's like reading a history of Karen's classes. Love that piping

margaret said...

delicate was the first thought I had when I saw this beautiful cloth, certainly worth all the time you spent creating it

Christine Barnes said...

This cloth has been an inspiration to me (and will contine to be). It is a beautiful reference of your learning and ideas and the finished piece is a tribute to your creative and enquiring mind.

Anita said...

Such an inspiring cloth with lots of love,labour and techniques ..love the cute pocket with puffs..

Mo Crow said...

some things take a long time to realize
PS I don't "get" instagram...

Els said...

You did a really great job on this one Deanna !!!!!
Would love to hold it and see (feel) it all even better ....
Ahhhhh ... that last pocket filled with puffs ;-)

CJ STITCHING AND BLOOMS said...

Hello Deanna, a truly beautiful work of art..... Fantastic stitching,

Nancy said...

So much work has gone into this beauty Deanna! I'll miss your posts, but will see ya on FB. I'm not on instgram at this point.

Rachel said...

Well done - a good finish, even if you may feel slightly at a loose end now that it is finished!

Nat Palaskas said...

It's lovely to complete a project. I have seen you working on this piece on and off. It's gorgeous Deanna. I bet you had enjoyed working on it - Hugs Nat

neki desu said...

this is precisely why i like blogging, not only for the recording, but also for the depth of thought registered. instagram is as the name implies instant, very little reflection. plus i mainly use it for photos. fb is a time sucker a lot or repetition of uninteresting stuff and mostly irrelevant cats dogs and gods.i'll be cutting on fb to "make" time, but that's just me ;)

BumbleVee said...

Oh, good for you Deanna .... Mine is eventually going to be a large pouch now I think....still sitting there ... staring at me from time to time when I go into the "hobby room" ..... maybe when it becomes late fall or winter...... I have absolutely no stitching mojo in the summer months.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...