Sunday, January 20, 2013

Gathering...

i'm still going through my accumulation of things through the years...and there are dolls...so far these...


all made at different times for different reasons
i must decide what to do with them. i'm determined to do something or they will have to go to someone who will... i'm sure there are more around that have not yet been unearthed.

haven't done much this week other than work on my journal in Karen Ruane's Alchemy class. each one of us has chosen a different theme so i'm learning so much as each person gathers and posts info that will find a place in their journal. my theme is Family so i've been going through old albums and letters and papers that i've accumulated through the years. here's just a clipped view of what i've been working on so far.

my dad and my grandmother have been the focus so far
wishing you all a good week. stay warm and stay safe.

16 comments:

Nancy said...

Deanna~ I truly love seeing all of your different work :) The headless doll with a patch on the chest is very touching for some reason. Enjoy your finding and creating!

Nat Palaskas said...

I have been thinking of you when I checked my blog list this morning. Your journal is going to be interesting with family theme - Hugs
Nat

kaiteM said...

Yes i understand, what to do with our old treasures, it seems like an endless question. I can't bear the thought of some stranger making money from my old childhood friends. Your dolls are beautiful.

Marie said...

I have been going through things too, trying to decide what is important and useful. Your dolls are lovely.
Your Alchemy class sounds fun. :)

SUSAN HEMANN said...

Your dolls are fantastic. I am a doll maker. Karen's classes seem so wonderful and of course your work is stunning as usual

Ms. said...

I wonder if you're having Winter? Winter seems the perfect time for unearthing what's been stored (the dolls are delicious), and finding a way to express family (Journal is looking fine)...yes, unearthing, gathering and expressing is just the right sort of thing for the season (maybe any season.

karen said...

this is a beautiful image of your ledger Deanna....

Rachel said...

I'm sure an idea will occur to you - once you start thinking about something, inspiration usually strikes.

Although possibly in the middle of the night, so keep pen and paper by the bed!

liniecat said...

Ladies of Leisure....awaiting your pleasure........lol
The journal looks wonderful and lovely that it holds such precious memories for you so especially meaningful.

Anonymous said...

your dolls are intriguing. wondering about the one on the far left...and the headlessness of one. they must hold stories.

Penny Berens said...

It's funny how inspiring old forgotten treasures can be. Digging them out often starts me off on another new piece.

Peggy said...

The doll on the right -- maybe she's already finished? I love your journal pages, the golf swing theme is so great!

Deb G said...

There is something about this time of year that encourages sorting and organizing and choosing I think... I have an assortment of unfinished dolls too.

Anita said...

Your journal is lovely and am sure it'll be filled with beautiful memories .

Mo Crow said...

love the headless doll, she's magic & part of your Alchemical process for sure!

Anonymous said...

The journal pages are such a tantalising glimpse...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...