I finally finished my first 'real' bobbin lace piece. All the previous ones were just learning samples. This egg was made with a linen 80 weight thread. I did make some mistakes but it was a good learning experience and I'm pleased with the way it came out. This pattern came from the book 'Neue Klöppel-Ostereier' by Annelies Kirst. I believe the book is in German. I have some leftover threads on my bobbins so I prepared a pattern to do my initial 'D'. That should use up all the thread that remains. Once that's done, I expect to use the same pattern with different colors and an 18 weight thread which should give it a very different look.